- 15 Plain or Gram Cracker Cookies (for a 9″ springform pan)
- 1/2 cup of Melted Butter
- 2 Packages of Cream Cheese
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup of sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/4 Cup of Sour Cream
- 1 Tablespoon of any oil for greasing the pan
- Springform Pan
- A Stand Mixture or Hand-Held Mixture
- Cups and Measuring Spoons
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Ziploc Bag or Food Processor
- 1 Medium Bowl
- Melt the butter in the microwave for about 15 sec.
- Place the cookies into a Ziploc bag or into a food processor, until the pieces into very small pieces. The texture should be moist, not dry. If it is dry add more melted butter
- With a dry paper towel add oil to the inside of your pan and drag it all over for easy removal. Place the mix into your springform pan and make sure it gets onto all the sides. Then even out using a large spoon or preferably a tall glass. Place it into the refrigerator for about 30 min. to set
Now onto the Filling:
- Preheat your oven to 338 degrees F or 170 degrees C
- Make sure your cream cheese and sour cream is at room temperature for easy mixing
- In a stand mixture or Large bowl with a handheld mixture. Add in the Sugar, Vanilla Extract, and Cream Cheese. Make sure to scrape all sides of the bowl. Mix for about 6 min. Until the consistency is smooth.
- Then add in the fresh lemon juice, and sour cream. Fold the mixture in with a spatula, gradually.
- The filling is now ready, Take out your crust and pour in the filling. Make sure to even out the mixture using a spatula or a spoon.
- Place into the oven for 1 hour and 15 min. Once the time is over it should be still quite movable. Let it cool down in the oven for about 3 hours with the oven door opened at about an inch. Once it’s cooled down cover it in either tin foil or plastic wrap. Place it in the refrigerator Overnight and let it firm up.
- That is it! You have made a delicious cheesecake in the comfort of your own home. You can choose to add berries, whipped cream, etc. Make sure to tag me in your social media accounts and tell me how it went! I would love to see your creations, Enjoy!